By Jennifer Clark
Fiat is among the world's greatest automakers, but if it made headlines via grabbing keep an eye on of a bankrupt Chrysler in 2009 it was once unknown within the U.S. Fiat’s against-all-odds swoop on Chrysler---masterminded via Sergio Marchionne, the Houdini-like supervisor who stored Fiat from its personal near-collapse in 2005 – has made the automaker probably the most not going winners of the monetary hindrance. Mondo Agnelli is a brand new ebook that appears on the chain of unpredictable occasions prompted by way of the demise of Gianni Agnelli in 2003. Gianni, the charismatic, silver-haired strength dealer and elegance icon, was once the patriarch who had lead the corporate based by way of his grandfather in 1899. yet Gianni's personal son had devoted suicide. and not using a mature inheritor, the dynasty and Fiat have been rudderless. sponsored by means of Gianni's closest advisors, his severe, shy, and made up our minds grandson John plucked Marchionne from obscurity. jointly, they kept the kinfolk corporation and, inadvertently, located Fiat as an international trailblazer while the worldwide hurricane hit.
- A vintage tale of ingenuity and difficult paintings, the ebook portrays a company dynasty that triumphed over adversity and kin tragedy due to its personal smarts, sweat, and skill to bend the rules
- A an interesting story for these drawn to the tales in the back of the commercial crash, the ebook comprises never-before mentioned fabric approximately how Fiat succeeded in making Chrysler ecocnomic the place either Daimler AG and Cerberus, its past proprietors, had failed.
A tale for a large viewers, from vehicle buffs, company readers, fans of Italy, and a person thinking about the life-style of Europe's such a lot glamorous commercial dynasty, this ebook tells the story of ways Fiat accomplished the doubtless very unlikely -- turning round an American car icon every body else had given up for dead.
Read or Download Mondo Agnelli: Fiat, Chrysler, and the Power of a Dynasty PDF
Similar business biographies & memoirs books
Berthold Beitz hat Zeitgeschichte geschrieben. An der Spitze des Krupp-Konzerns battle er über Jahrzehnte einer der einflussreichsten Männer der deutschen Wirtschaft, für den soziale Verantwortung stets im Mittelpunkt stand. Seit den fünfziger Jahren machte er Krupp wieder zu einem weltweit anerkannten Unternehmen.
Ahead of the appearance of the good mineral revolution within the latter 1/2 the nineteenth century, South Africa was once a sleepy colonial backwater whose unpromising panorama used to be possible with out any monetary capability. but mendacity simply underneath the dusty floor of the land lay the richest treasure trove of gold, diamonds, platinum, coal and a number of different metals and minerals that has ever been found in a single kingdom.
This can be the tale of a Swiss businessman who suggestion he had fulfilled his desires, yet then learned that at the manner, he had overlooked his genuine objectives. He permit pass of what he had accomplished, offered his corporation and regained what he had misplaced: his freedom. His autobiography, which reads like a suspenseful novel, is a brilliant good fortune tale with center and soul.
WAFFLE road. cash shouldn't be a similar. within the wake of the worst monetary turmoil because the nice melancholy, hundreds of thousands of american citizens have been left puzzling over how the economic system really works. The solutions have eventually arrived—in a so much unconventional shape. After spending years in the middle of the housing industry storm, Jimmy Adams is laid off from a hedge fund in early 2009.
- Hayek's Challenge: An Intellectual Biography of F.A. Hayek
- My business partner Fidel Castro: Cuba: from the dream to reality
- Cable Cowboy: John Malone and the Rise of the Modern Cable Business
- Próxima estación, Madrid-Atocha (Spanish Edition)
- Junk to Gold, De CHATARRA a ORO: Del salvamento a la subasta de automotores en línea más grande del mundo VENDIENDO UN AUTO CADA 5 SEGUNDOS (Spanish Edition)
Extra resources for Mondo Agnelli: Fiat, Chrysler, and the Power of a Dynasty
Mondo Agnelli: Fiat, Chrysler, and the Power of a Dynasty by Jennifer Clark