By Regina Akel
Read or Download Maria Graham: A Literary Biography PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This learn examines a range of Chesterton’s novels, poetry, and literary feedback and descriptions the specific philosophy of heritage that emerges from those writings. taking a look at Chesteron's courting with and impact upon authors together with William Cobbett, Sir Walter Scott, Belloc, Shaw, H.
Bloom's courses - successor to the acclaimed Bloom's Notes and Bloom's reports finished analyzing and research publications with a variety of serious excerpts supplying a scholarly assessment of every paintings each one e-book incorporates a biographical cartoon of the writer, a descriptive checklist of characters, an in depth precis and research, plus an annotated bibliography
The main celebrated American novelist of the prior half-century, an essential determine of postmodernism all over the world, Thomas Pynchon notoriously demanding situations his readers. This spouse presents instruments for assembly that problem. complete, obtainable, vigorous, up to date and trustworthy, it techniques Pynchon's fiction from a variety of angles, calling at the services of a world roster of students on the innovative of Pynchon experiences.
An immensely well known style, crime fiction has in basic terms lately been engaged considerably by way of African American authors. traditionally, the racist stereotypes usually crucial to crime fiction and the socially conservative nature of the style awarded difficulties for writing the black adventure, and the tropes of justice and recovery of social order haven't resonated with authors who observed social justice as a piece in development.
- Entertaining Violence. Distancing the Audience from the Violent Content in Garth Ennis’ and Steve Dillon’s "Preacher Book One"
- The Reception of George Eliot in Europe (The Reception of British and Irish Authors in Europe)
- Liminality, Mimicry, Hybridity and Ambivalent in Literary Speculations of Homi K. Bhabha: Homo Bhabha's Literary Theory
- A Poetics of Performance: The Oral-Scribal Aesthetic in Anglophone Caribbean Fiction
- The Family in Crisis in Late Nineteenth-Century French Fiction (Cambridge Studies in French)
Additional info for Maria Graham: A Literary Biography
Maria Graham: A Literary Biography by Regina Akel