By Popi Sotiriadou,Veerle De Bosscher
- How can managers layout and enforce potent excessive functionality programmes in sport?
- What are the major demanding situations in dealing with elite athletes, activities humans and teams?
This is the 1st publication to supply a complete advent to administration perform, approach and coverage in elite and excessive functionality recreation (HPS). Drawing on real-world case-studies of elite recreation around the globe, the publication exhibits a conceptual framework for learning and analysing high functionality sport and introduces the talents and methods that managers and directors might want to increase potent HPS programmes.
The e-book examines the macro point components that ensure a nation’s carrying luck, together with political, social and cultural parts, after which strikes directly to unpack the specifics of elite athlete and group administration at a micro point. Adopting an built-in, holistic procedure all through, the publication highlights top perform in each key quarter of an HPS programme, including:
- defining functionality and success
- organizational constitution and leadership
- finance, investment and marketing
- coaching and trainer development
- talent id and development
- competition and events
- training and facilities
- scientific examine and activity technology support.
The publication good points contributions from world-leading activity administration lecturers in addition to practitioners with adventure of handling HPS programmes at international and Olympic point. every one bankruptcy encompasses a complete diversity of precious positive factors, akin to summaries, case-studies, evaluate questions and publications to extra analyzing. this is often crucial examining for all critical scholars and pros operating in activity administration or excessive functionality sport.
Read Online or Download Managing High Performance Sport (Foundations of Sport Management) PDF
Best sports coaching books
A booklet not like the rest you have ever visible, from the writer of "Speed Kills: Breaking Down the Chip Kelly Offense" and "Inside the Auburn Offense" comes "Every Play printed: quantity I. " during this e-book, Alex Kirby provides a play-by-play breakdown of the 1st ever university soccer Playoff nationwide Championship video game.
Das neue Super-Handball-Training ist die unverzichtbare Standardliteratur für jeden Handballtrainer und interessierten Spieler. Werner Grage bietet auf über 500 Seiten mit mehr als 1. 500 Skizzen und anhand von über 350 Fotos einen kompletten Überblick über das education dieses hochkomplexen activities. Formen Sie Ihr workforce: Im einleitenden Teil werden Hinweise zur Lernpsychologie und Didaktik in der Handballschulung gegeben.
This isn’t a parenting self-help e-book, and it’s no longer a how-to guide on turning into a very good participant. It’s a narrative. a narrative of a hearth that used to be burning within the soul of a tender basketball participant. a narrative of a trainer who equipped a profitable basketball tradition that became a tiny university in Tennessee into probably the most winning and famous courses within the kingdom.
DS functionality energy & Conditioning education ProgrammesSport: American FootballVariable: PowerLevel: AdvancedDuration: 12 weeks DS functionality have created an unique sequence of game particular, energy & conditioning education programmes that experience underpinning, facts dependent education tools, that have been installed position to enhance your functionality for every age and skills.
- Softball Skills & Drills, Second Edition
- DS Performance - Strength & Conditioning Training Program for Basketball, Power, Advanced
- One Pitch at a Time: Mental and Physical Training For Peak Pitching Performance
- 14 Great Coaches: Learn Their Lessons, Improve Your Coaching, Have A Lasting Impact
- The Lions: When the Going Gets Tough: Behind the scenes
- Coaching The Modern 4-4-2 Diamond Soccer Formation: Tactics & Training Exercises
Extra info for Managing High Performance Sport (Foundations of Sport Management)
Managing High Performance Sport (Foundations of Sport Management) by Popi Sotiriadou,Veerle De Bosscher