By Carine Fabius,Pascal Giacomini,Cristina Mittermeier
Written in a breezy, attractive kind, the booklet includes:
- forty pages of beautiful colour pictures, together with contributions through famous documentary photographer and commute author Cristina Mittermeier
- Over 25 black & white pictures and illustrations
- The author's own account of her and her artist/explorer husband's trip into the area of transitority physique paintings, starting with henna and culminating with the invention of the jagua fruit's promise to convey a stunning tattoo that appears actual — but fades after weeks
- Excerpts from her husband Pascal Giacomini's diary as he travels on a motorized dugout canoe into the inner most reaches of the jungle, the place he spends weeks with an indigenous team referred to as the Matsés
- short histories of varied indigenous teams linked to jagua
- own and insightful essays by way of veteran explorers and fans of the Amazon
- info at the medicinal and mystical homes of the jagua fruit
- Magical stories and ideology surrounding this awesome fruit
- a quick background of tattoos
- a quick background of ink
- commonly asked questions (and solutions, of course!) approximately jagua tattoos
- evaluation of the Amazon, the Indians that populate the world, and concerns that presently dominate during the region
- conventional stories from the Amazon
Read or Download Jagua, A Journey Into Body Art from the Amazon PDF
Best pop culture books
The query of the animal has preoccupied progressively more humanities, technology, and social technology students lately, and significant paintings keeps to extend the burgeoning box of animal stories. even if, a key query nonetheless should be explored: Why has the academy struggled to hyperlink advocacy for animals to advocacy for varied human teams?
Jesus, matadors, panthers, bandits, Indians, motion picture stars, waifs, and, after all, Elvis are well-known icons of the oft-despised, uber-kitsch paintings kind of black velvet portray. In Black Velvet artwork writer Eric A. Eliason and photographer Scott Squire current a finished evaluate of this covertly-loved and overtly-reviled culture.
Joe Coleman has spent the final quarter-century purging and embracing his demons via artwork, an offended artist keen about decay and the extremes of human habit. he's top recognized for his wealthy oil work, yet what many do not understand is that he has additionally created a magnificent physique of sequential, black-and-white paintings, which this quantity collects.
Dutch artist and clothier Femke Hiemstra has a different type and imaginative and prescient that conjures up the paintings of Robert Williams and Mark Ryden, yet with a much less cynical worldview that invitations the viewer to go into the magic areas she creates. Rock Candy is the artist’s first retrospective and completely spotlights her expertise, whimsy and wit in a deluxe package deal guaranteed to catapult her to the leading edge of the Pop Surrealism flow.
- Thinking Through Fashion: A Guide to Key Theorists (Dress Cultures)
- Archi.Pop: Mediating Architecture in Popular Culture
- Le diable en ville: Alexandre Silvio et l'émergence de la modernité populaire au Québec (French Edition)
- Filmwissen: Western: Grundlagen des populären Films (German Edition)
Additional info for Jagua, A Journey Into Body Art from the Amazon
Jagua, A Journey Into Body Art from the Amazon by Carine Fabius,Pascal Giacomini,Cristina Mittermeier