By Jacob Needleman
On one point, I Am no longer I brings more youthful readers (teenagers and teens) head to head with powerful non secular and philosophical rules. yet because the ebook progresses, the discussion delves into questions and insights that hold outstanding new desire and imaginative and prescient for each guy and lady, demanding our culture’s accepted—and frequently toxic—ideas approximately humanity’s position in a dwelling universe.
From the exchange Paperback edition.
Read or Download I Am Not I PDF
Best epistemology books
Truths are decided now not by way of what we think, yet incidentally the realm is. Or so realists approximately fact think. Philosophers name such theories correspondence theories of fact. Truthmaking thought, which now has many adherents between modern philosophers, is the latest improvement of a realist concept of fact, and during this 2004 e-book D.
Is nature production or simply the made of non-intentional, usual tactics? the writer goals to recuperate the Christian experience that it's visible that nature is production and argues that organic nature has expressive houses comparable in variety to human behaviour and art.
During this selection of essays, such a lot of that are of modern classic, and 7 of which seem the following for the 1st time, Christopher S. Hill addresses a wide collection of philosophical concerns. half I provides a deflationary conception of fact, argues that semantic houses like reference and correspondence with truth is additionally characterised in deflationary phrases, and provides an account of the price of those 'thin' houses, tracing it to their skill to music moresubstantial homes which are informational or epistemic in personality.
What's sickness? Is it a physiological disorder, a social label, or a manner of experiencing the area? How do the actual, social and emotional worlds of somebody swap once they develop into sick? and will there be health inside affliction? during this outstanding and thought-provoking ebook, Havi Carel explores those questions via weaving jointly the private tale of her personal critical disorder with insights and reflections drawn from her paintings as a thinker.
- The Things We Do and Why We Do Them
- Interdisciplinarity and Wellbeing: A Critical Realist General Theory of Interdisciplinarity (Routledge Studies in Critical Realism (Routledge Critical Realism))
- Le Même et l'Ordre: Michel Foucault et le savoir à l'âge classique (La croisée des chemins) (French Edition)
- On Myself, and Other, Less Important Subjects
- Current Controversies in Epistemology (Current Controversies in Philosophy)
- The Light of the Soul: Theories of Ideas in Leibniz, Malebranche, and Descartes: Theories of Ideas in Leibniz, Malebranche and Descartes
Additional resources for I Am Not I
I Am Not I by Jacob Needleman