By Sadik Kakaç,Hongtan Liu,Anchasa Pramuanjaroenkij
Heat exchangers are crucial in quite a lot of engineering functions, together with strength crops, vehicles, airplanes, method and chemical industries, and heating, air-con and refrigeration structures. Revised and up-to-date with new challenge units and examples, Heat Exchangers: choice, score, and Thermal layout, 3rd Edition offers a scientific therapy of many of the different types of warmth exchangers, targeting choice, thermal-hydraulic layout, and rating.
Topics mentioned include:
- Classification of warmth exchangers in accordance with various criteria
- Basic layout tools for sizing and score of warmth exchangers
- Single-phase pressured convection correlations in channels
- Pressure drop and pumping energy for warmth exchangers and their piping circuit
- Design suggestions for warmth exchangers topic to fouling
- Double-pipe warmth exchanger layout methods
- Correlations for the layout of two-phase circulate warmth exchangers
- Thermal layout tools and tactics for shell-and-tube, compact, and gasketed-plate warmth exchangers
- Thermal layout of condensers and evaporators
This 3rd variation comprises new chapters. Micro/Nano warmth Transfer explores the thermal layout basics for microscale warmth exchangers and the enhancement warmth move for functions to warmth exchanger layout with nanofluids. It additionally examines single-phase pressured convection correlations in addition to move friction components for microchannel flows for warmth move and pumping energy calculations. Polymer Heat Exchangers introduces another layout alternative for functions hindered by way of the working obstacles of steel warmth exchangers. The appendices give you the thermophysical houses of varied fluids.
Each bankruptcy includes examples illustrating thermal layout tools and systems and appropriate nomenclature. End-of-chapter difficulties permit scholars to check their assimilation of the material.
Read Online or Download Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Third Edition PDF
Similar dynamics books
The paradigm of deterministic chaos has inspired pondering in lots of fields of technological know-how. Chaotic platforms exhibit wealthy and miraculous mathematical constructions. within the technologies, deterministic chaos offers a amazing reason behind abnormal behaviour and anomalies in structures which don't appear to be inherently stochastic.
Centrifugal Pumps: layout and alertness, moment version specializes in the layout of chemical pumps, composite fabrics, production recommendations hired in nonmetallic pump functions, mechanical seals, and hydraulic layout. The booklet first bargains details at the parts of pump layout, particular velocity and modeling legislation, and impeller layout.
The dynamics of actual, chemical, organic or fluid structures often has to be defined by way of nonlinear types, whose special mathematical strategies aren't available. to appreciate a few points of such dynamics, quite a few complementary equipment and viewpoints are of the most important value. during this e-book and its better half quantity, views of nonlinear dynamics, quantity 1, the views generated through analytical, topological and computational tools, and interplays among them, are built in various contexts.
This e-book describes the basics and functions of compact warmth exchangers in power new release. Thetext makes a speciality of their potency affects on energy platforms, really emphasizing substitute power assets similar to targeted solar energy and nuclear plants. The numerous different types of compact warmth exchanger surfaces anddesigns are given thorough attention ahead of the writer turns his attentionto describing how those compact warmth exchangers might be utilized to cutting edge plant designs, and the way to behavior operational and security analyses to optimize thermal potency.
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Multibody Systems with Imperfect Joints: Models and Case Studies: 34 (Lecture Notes in Applied and Computational Mechanics)
- Thermodynamik für Maschinenbauer: Grundlagen für die Praxis (Springer-Lehrbuch) (German Edition)
- Elements of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- The Elements of Aerofoil and Airscrew Theory (Cambridge Science Classics)
- Introduction to Geophysical Fluid Dynamics: Physical and Numerical Aspects (International Geophysics)
Additional info for Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Third Edition
Heat Exchangers: Selection, Rating, and Thermal Design, Third Edition by Sadik Kakaç,Hongtan Liu,Anchasa Pramuanjaroenkij