By Nikolay Voutchkov
THE DEFINITIVE advisor TO DESALINATION PLANT OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
This Water surroundings Federation and WateReuse organization publication describes state-of-the artwork operation, upkeep, and troubleshooting tools for opposite osmosis brackish and seawater desalination vegetation for municipal water offers. All plant parts are mentioned intimately, from consumption and pretreatment to discharge administration. most sensible practices for preserving plant gear also are supplied. Real-world examples illustrating the most recent applied sciences and their sensible implementation are integrated all through this authoritative resource.
Desalination Engineering covers:
- Source water open and subsurface intakes
- Source water pretreatment -- chemical conditioning, dissolved air flotation clarifiers, and granular media, membrane, and cartridge filters
- Reverse osmosis approach operation
- Reverse osmosis process troubleshooting
- Post-treatment -- lime and carbon dioxide, calcite conditioning, remineralization, and disinfection
- Desalination plant discharge management
- Equipment upkeep -- pumps, air blowers, vehicles, bearings, valves, mechanical seals, mechanical drives, chemical feed structures, computerized samplers
Read or Download Desalination Engineering: Operation and Maintenance PDF
Best hydraulics books
An in-depth advent to the dimension of move in open channels, this e-book relies on decades of lecturing event with members from many nations of grasp Programmes and brief tailored classes within the Netherlands and out of the country. the most parts of hydrometry are lined, specifically: the dimension of water degrees and mattress degrees, discharge dimension, the size of sediment delivery, using movement measuring buildings, hydrological networks and the association of surveys.
With out right hydraulic fill and appropriate specialized gear, many significant infrastructure tasks reminiscent of ports, airports, roads, business or housing initiatives couldn't be realised. but complete information regarding hydraulic fill is hard to discover. This completely researched publication, written through famous specialists, takes the reader step by step during the advanced improvement of a hydraulic fill undertaking.
Reeds Marine Surveying is an elevated and up-to-date re-creation of the author's instruction manual of Marine Surveying. aimed toward scholars of marine surveying, specialist marine surveyors, boatyard operators and technically-minded boat proprietors, it covers the most recent marine surveying expertise, together with research of the mechanical behaviour of fabrics, failure research, rigidity focus, fatigue and fracture, corrosion, wood-damaging organisms, polymer chemistry, and the composition and features of universal plastics, steel, alloys and composite fabrics.
Mathematical modelling has turn into an crucial device for engineers, scientists, planners, selection makers and plenty of different pros to make predictions of destiny situations in addition to genuine coming near near occasions. because the modelling strategy and the version for use are challenge particular, no unmarried version or technique can be utilized to unravel all difficulties, and there are constraints in each one scenario.
- Handbook of Engineering Hydrology: Modeling, Climate Change, and Variability: Volume 1
- Fluid Dynamics: Part 2: Asymptotic Problems of Fluid Dynamics
- Hydrological Dimensioning and Operation of Reservoirs: Practical Design Concepts and Principles (Water Science and Technology Library)
- Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop in Flow Boiling in Microchannels (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Hölder Continuous Euler Flows in Three Dimensions with Compact Support in Time (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- Turbulence Phenomena: An Introduction to the Eddy Transfer of Momentum, Mass, and Heat, Particularly at Interfaces
Extra resources for Desalination Engineering: Operation and Maintenance
Desalination Engineering: Operation and Maintenance by Nikolay Voutchkov